Deep Dive: Daily Forecasting & Predictive Analysis (IOUG 2012)
This one day deep dive seminar was created and given by Craig Shallahamer at the 2012 IOUG/Collaborate conference.
Contained in the download zip file is:
- The final presentation with two slides per page (the seminar handout was three slides/page)
- AWR DDL and Reporting scripts for advanced data collection.
- Regression analysis start and end spreadsheets for the two final regression exercises.
Every single DBA in the world must answer forecasting type questions:
- Can we consolidate these applications onto a single server?
- The Chicago office is growing, that's not a problem, right?
- What will be the impact of this new SQL statement?
- Should we implement these new CPUs?
- When will we outgrow our IO subsystem?
- How will this change impact batch duration?
Sound familiar? The problem is training budgets are focused on responding to what has already happened, implementing new features, and database operations like backups and patching. Yet every DBA knows they have been asked the above questions. This seminar will help fill this gap.
This seminar will introduce you to the world of hands-on daily DBA forecasting and predictive analysis. The seminar begins with a broad introduction to how forecasting works, how to methodically forecast, your modeling options, selecting the most appropriate models and where to get the performance data. Then we'll dive down deep into the two most likely models you'll use. First, we'll focus on arguably the most business-centric model of all, regression analysis. Then we'll focus on applying queuing theory, which is surprisingly practical and yields deep performance insights. It will be a full day! Join us as we make predictive analysis part of your routine.
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Browse for more products in the same category as this item:
view my cart
To receive OraPub's Newsletter »