Advanced Oracle Performance Analysis
• Take your Oracle DBA skills to the next level •
This industry-unique class was developed by OraPub founder and ACE Director, Craig Shallahamer. Craig is a gifted teacher with 20+ years of experience. He has a knack for integrating complex topics and making them come alive while being day-to-day practical. He specifically created this course to inspire and empower DBAs to become quantitative Oracle performance analysts. It is truly advanced!
The Advanced Analysis Course Empowers You To:
- Gain performance insights
- Gain quantitative analysis capabilities
- Given a list of performance solutions, contrast and compare them verbally, numerically and graphically
- Lead a more productive discussion about which solution to implement first and the anticipated performance improvement
- Take your analysis to the next level!
All scripts, tools, spreadsheets, and templates referenced are free and downloadable at OraPub's website.
The Geek Factor
- Unite quantitative operations research and Oracle performance analysis into a powerful analytical process
- You will see your solutions ripple through a specific SQL statement, a user's experience, batch process duration and the system as a whole
You Will Know How To:
- Break down any solution into requirement change: work, CPU, IO, memory, network and concurrency
- Abstract any Oracle system into a simple mathematical model
- Inject solution change into the abstracted Oracle system
- Observe, understand, use and communicate the injection results
- Motivate change by effectively presenting your recommendations
- Develop a deeper understanding of operations research, elapsed time variations, parallelization and scalability
Students must be familiar with time-based analysis and Oracle's wait interface, architecture and internals. This is not an Oracle internals or SQL tuning course, and is not Oracle version specific.
This is the companion and sequel course to our Oracle Performance Firefighting class. We offer these two courses back-to-back with a 10% discount. If you have attended our firefighting course or read Craig's book, Oracle Performance Firefighting, then you are prepared for this course.
Discount: Maximize your experience with our Oracle Performance Firefighting course. Take advantage of our 10% discount when you register for both!
Equipment: A laptop with an internet browser is required. MS Excel is required. Oracle software is not required.
Time: 2 days (9:00am - 5:00pm Day 1, 9:00am - 4:00pm Day 2)
Bring: Students are encouraged to bring an AWR or Statspack report to reference during the class.
Bonus: Students are welcome to contact Craig following the course for a one-time free Q&A of their performance analysis work!