Faced with insane expectations and a colossal amount of performance data, the Oracle DBA has an ominous challenge...especially when engaged in a performance firefight. OraPub's ACE Director, Craig Shallahamer, has the depth of experience (20+ years) and engaging teaching style to keep you entertained while you learn how to extinguish your company’s Oracle Database fires expediently.
You will be able to
- Learn how to use both ASH and Time-Based Analysis together
- Perform a systematic, quantitative and extremely accurate performance diagnosis of even the most complex Oracle Database systems.
- Understand deep Oracle internal knowledge and how Oracle interacts with applications and the host operating system.
- Develop sensible and responsible solutions for the same problem.
- Create an honest and understandable story explaining the problem.
- Give solutions and implementation constraints in a complex and highly available Oracle environment.
- Use the latest Oracle release-specific diagnostic capabilities available in your environment.
- Know exactly how to move forward, even with stacks of performance data.
All queries, scripts, tools, spreadsheets, and templates referenced are free and downloadable at OraPub's web site.
Why should I attend this course?
In a nutshell, the Firefighting training course combines deep Oracle internals with how to methodically and quantitatively diagnose any Oracle Database system resulting in a list of solutions that you can convincingly articulate. This Oracle tuning class was designed specifically for the Oracle practitioner who wants to optimize Oracle Database systems on all versions, including 12c.
You need these firefighting tools!
- Building the Diagnosis Framework (Methods & Madness)
- Case Study #1
- Serialization Control: The lock, latch, & mutex (minimizing parallelism death... serialization)
- Identifying & Understanding Operating System Contention (much more than bottleneck detection)
- Case Study #2
- Oracle Performance Diagnosis N (deeper and more advanced diagnosis)
- Case Study #3
- ASH architecture, control and advanced usage
- Oracle buffer cache deep internals, diagnosis and resolution
- Case Study #4
- Oracle shared pool deep internals, diagnosis and resolution
- Oracle redo buffer deep internals, diagnosis and resolution
- Case Study #5
The course contents are continually updated, refined and expanded.
We offer 50% discounts if you want to retake the course. It's like a whole new class!
- Craig’s courses make Oracle internals come alive while being day-to-day practical.
- Craig emphasizes using a quantitative time-based approach to maximizing performance from an Oracle, an operating system and an applications perspective.
- Multiple real-life hands-on case studies are infused into each class and analyzed using OraPub's free response time analysis tools, AWR and also Statspack!
- You will also learn how to professionally present and articulate your findings in a clear, concise and effective manner.
Maximize your experience with our Advanced Oracle Performance Analysis course.
Take advantage of our 10% discount when you register for both!
That's a savings of $325!
A laptop with an internet browser is required and sometimes provided in the classroom. MS Excel is also nice to have, but not required. Oracle software is not required.
3 days (9:00am - 5:00pm Mon, Tues, 9:00am - 4:00pm Wed)
Students are encouraged to bring an AWR or Statspack report to reference during the class.
Students are welcome to contact Craig following the course for a one-time free QA of their performance analysis work!